1. I just ordered something cool on the website, how long will it take for my package to get to me?
It takes us 3-5 business days to put together your order and get it in the mail, unless your item needs a special personalization from Pat and then it can take up to a week while we track him down and drag him out from his writing cave to sign your stuff.
Pat occasionally travels to conventions as well, and it may be up to two weeks before he gets back into town and is able to sign books again. For more information about Pat's schedule, visit his Facebook events page. (You don't have to have a Facebook account to see dates and places.)
We recommend that you keep Pat's schedule in mind and order early when ordering personalized items as gifts for special occasions, such as birthdays and other holidays.
Once in the mail, shipping times depend on what you ordered. Orders of books are sent by media mail and will take 7-10 business days. All other orders are sent by first class and will take 3-5 business days. (The exception being if you live in the black mailing hole that is Florida where it will take 7-10 days to reach you no matter how we send it.) International orders take 2-8 weeks to arrive due to Customs Services.
2. How do I pay you for my stuff?
We gladly accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, or regular Paypal account payments.
All payments to us are processed by Paypal, however, so if you have problems concerning your payment, please contact Paypal's customer service department at 1-888-221-1161 (or 1-402-935-2050 if you're calling from outside the US).
3. Can I send you an alternative form of payment other than Paypal?
Yes. You can send us a check or money order in US dollars for the price of the item plus shipping at:
P.O. BOX 186
Stevens Point, WI 54481
Please include a detailed description of exactly what you are ordering.
Also, some items can sell out quickly. If you are ordering through the mail, please email us at email@example.com and let us know your intent so that we can reserve that item for you.
4. Do you ship to Antarctica?
We ship anywhere and everywhere allowed by the United States Postal Service.
5. Why hasn’t my package arrived yet?
Are you an international customer? International orders usually arrive in two weeks but can take up to eight weeks. Have you checked Pat’s blog to make sure nothing crazy is going on right now? But if that doesn’t answer your question, why don’t you send us a pleasant request to find out what’s up with your order at firstname.lastname@example.org?
6. Do international shipping charges cover Import Duty or Customs Taxes?
No, international shipping charges do not cover Import Duty or Customs Taxes. These charges are the customer's responsibility at the time of delivery. All packages are marked as merchandise.
7. Can I get my book signed?
All of Pat’s books come with a scrawled “Pat Rothfuss” on the title page.
8. Can I get my merchandise personalized? If so, how?
A great question! We've got an entire page dedicated to this topic over here, on our Personalization Guidelines page. Perhaps that will supply all the answers you're looking for?
If you still have questions, please feel free to contact us through our Contact page, or by email at paperback.contest @ gmail.com
9. My order just arrived and something's wrong or missing. What do I do?
Oops! Our bad. Email us at email@example.com with your order details and we’ll get the mistake resolved right away.
10. I didn't see a "Note to Seller" or "Instructions to Merchant" for my personalization when I checked out. Now what?
Getting your personalization request to us is easy! Simply go to our Contact page or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your personalization. Please include in your communication: your name, the receipt number, and what the personalizable item is. Also keep in mind that the sooner your get in touch with us, the better. We don't want to accidentally ship your order before we receive your personalization!
11. What happens if my check is returned for non-sufficient funds?Easily solved! In the event your check is returned to us for Non Sufficient Funds, a fee of $25 will be charged. We require that the NSF fee as well as the original check amount be paid via money order, cashier's check, or PayPal.
12. How do I contact you?
We have a contact page where you can write your requests right on our webpage. Or you could email us at email@example.com